Thursday, February 5, 2015

2015 Updates and the Year Ahead

With the new year comes a look ahead. Here are my plans for 2015: 

The to-write list includes:

  • Finishing up Viscount’s Wager (Gambling on Love #3). I’m really loving how this book is coming together. The book has sort of a ‘second chance romance’ theme. Anthony’s (Viscount Rawling’s) hero was his teenage crush, the gorgeous and reserved Gabriel Tilden, who was Anthony’s best friend’s older brother. 
  • Writing Convincing the Secretary (London Legal #3). This one will feature Edward Fenton, the mild-mannered and not-so-diligent secretary in Convincing Leopold. His hero? The ruthless new solicitor in the office. There’s unrequited love, wicked naughty games, and some angst. One of my favorite kinds of stories to write :)
  • Writing a novella for Sam from Brook Street: Thief. Sam was Cavin’s younger ‘brother’, and his story will take place 6 years after Thief. It will be kind of New Adult-ish, since he’ll be 19 yrs old and his love interest will be 21. I’ve got some scene ideas scribbled out, and this one is going to be tons of fun. 


The 2015 to-be-released list includes:

  • His Client, 3/17/2015. This is a re-release. I got the rights back from Loose Id, and will self-publish it this spring with a shiny new cover, some minor edits, and a new lower price. The re-release is currently available for pre-order and it’s available on NetGalley for any reviewers/bloggers who want to request it for review. 
  • Viscount’s Wager. TBD release date, though it looks like sometime in 2015. Once I get the book finished, I’ll have a better idea of when it will be available. 
  • Sam’s book. Currently targeting late 2015 for a release date. This will be a self-published title. Cooper Davis (a very dear friend of mine) and I decided to collaborate on a duology. My contribution will be Sam’s book, and Cooper is contributing a historical New Adult set in the fantasy world from her Noble Pleasures series. 


For those who are counting, that’s 2 new releases and 1 re-release in 2015, with 2 new novellas to write and about a ¼ of a novel. A part of me feels like it’s not enough, that I should be producing more. The epub & indie markets move quickly. There are authors who have the gift of production and can write amazing books in a relatively short amount of time. I, unfortunately, am not so gifted. My muse is a slowpoke, and in order for him to work at his best, he likes to go slow. It’s something I’ve come to accept. I’ve also been working on writing/life balance. Being in the writing cave all the time is no fun. I need to take time to enjoy life and friends and family. And when I do that, it makes writing much more fun. So that’s my focus for 2015 – balance. 

If you are wondering about the London Legal novellas, those are currently slated to be released starting in January 2016 with the re-release of Convincing Arthur (currently available for pre-order), followed by the re-release of Convincing Leopold, and then the release of the new 3rd book in the series, Convincing the Secretary. 2016 may seem like forever away, but given my writing schedule/pace and production lead times coupled with wanting to release the books in the series close together, January 2016 ended up being the start date. 

Last but not least, for those who have asked if I’ll have more books available in audio, I received word that Sharp Love and Viscount’s Wager will be available from Audible. Sharp Love will be available in audio in about 6 months or so. Viscount’s Wager will either be available when the ebook releases or afterward. 

So that’s my look ahead into 2015. After a beyond hectic 2014, I have a feeling 2015 will be a very good year, and I’m super excited about the books on my to-write list. Here’s to a great 2015 for everyone! 

5 comments:

  1. Sorry if this is a dupe post--the first time disappeared! Sounds great and can't wait for the new ones! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure that bulk production is always (or even usually) a gift... It seems like there's a quantity versus quality trade-off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....really?! Blogger just ate my comment on my own blog? ugh. Let's try again...

      True, but there are some who can write quickly and produce great stories. They make me feel like a snail in comparison.

      Happy Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  3. So excited to read them all, and particularly thrilled to hear that Sam will be getting his own story! I've not read a New Adult title before, that'll be something new for me :) Best of luck for all the WIPs, I'll be waiting patiently to get my hands on them!

    - Leslie

    ReplyDelete

 
Barbara